I love Belmont for all of its trees and you can tell that the residents care deeply about preserving them since they have been named TREE CITY USA by the Arbor Day Foundation. I always feel a bit like I am in New England when I am driving around in Belmont. It is especially beautiful when the trees actually change color.
Twin Pine Parks is one of my favorite places. This is a nice forest-like park in a semi-urban setting. With two main picnic areas, with modern, comprehensive play structures at each, this park has something for everyone. I like how each picnic table has a barbecue, and in the second picnic/play area, across the bridge, the picnic areas are very spread out with a forest of eucalyptus trees around. There are trails that run through the park connecting the different picnic areas and to different streets. It is by far one of my favorite parks found within a city.
Recent Belmont Happenings
- San Francisco Peninsula Update on the Housing Market
- Belmont Senior Center Hawaiian Music
- School Star Scores Testing Program
- Housing Market Snapshot
- 8 Farmer’s Markets in San Mateo County
- Thunder Bolts on Bay Bridge
- Memory and Ageing by Stanford Center for Memory Disorders
- Bay Area Easter Egg Hunts
- Belmont 80 Year Old Hit While Jogging?
- San Mateo County Halloween Events